Ok, so we have lived here for about 8 weeks now and gone to church most of those Sundays. I was called to serve in the Activity Days program for girls ages 8-11 a few weeks ago.I was so excited to be serving with the girls in Isabel's age group. I had an email system down and was getting to know names (which I SUCK at). So things were going good.
(When we are called to a certain position in our church we are to serve using of all our talent and resources as diligently and humbly as possible, and are paid nothing. I love how our church does that. Even our prophet gets paid absolutely nothing. It's pretty amazing how it all works and the organization that we have.)
Last week our stake representative spoke with Brandon and said that he would like to meet with us after church this Sunday. Of course Brandon said yes, and then came home to tell me about it. I pondered what this could be about a good part of the week. I knew Brandon did not have a specific calling at that point so I prayed that whatever calling Brandon would get he would not only accept it, but enjoy it.
As our family sat in a room with this man he started speaking, and was looking at me most of the time?! I was getting a little freaked out wondering what was going on. Then he said it. Would you accept a calling as the stake primary first counselor?? ( The organization of the Church for children from ages three to twelve.) I was shocked and didn't know what to say.
Anyways, surprised as I was, I stuttered a little saying I would accept the calling. Brandon had the biggest smile on his face like he had won a gold medal and is still walking around, full of himself, without a calling.
I do not really know what this will require of me, but I always trust that the Lord knows what he is doing, so I go with it. I am a little excited, and a little sad for the fact that I am no longer in Isabel's Activity Days program.
It has been really weird because I have been having a hard time with prayer lately. Today in church the lesson was on what makes us stressed and I reflected back on the things that were making me stressed lately. The feeling of not good enough repeated itself through my mind over and over again. Not a good enough mom, not a good enough wife, not thrifty enough, not healthy enough, ect. The list could really go on and on. (Why do we do that to our selves so much??) To get to the point, this calling extended to me was a personal revelation. The feelings of I must be doing something right came to me instantly. It was a refreshing feeling and it strengthened my testimony. I felt like the Lord was trying to say to me "you are good enough" and if he thinks so, I put my trust and faith in that.
5 comments:
Congrats on the new calling! I know you'll do great!
Natalie- You truly are amazing. You have always been such an awesome example to me as Mom...and with the YW girls. You will be so great in your new calling!
Thanks Linda! Krista, it's funny how you say that about me when I always felt that way about you!! Thanks for the kind words!
You will be so wonderful in your new calling! I'm really excited for you. Congrats!
Thanks Val! I hope YW is treating you kinder without a certain someone doing SBD's! LOL! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment