September 19, 2010

Some kids are just amazing...

Yesterday we went out on the lake, dog and all, to take advantage of the last bits of warm weather before winter. Isabel said she wanted to try wakeboarding. She saw me do it a few weeks ago and said it looked easy. I told her it may take her a while to get it and to not get frustrated by learning a new skill. I went on and on about all the things moms tell kids to psychologically pump them up to conquer difficult challenges.

 After figuring out how to get the rope positioned this is what happened:

See me behind Isabel in the water? I wasn't expecting her to just pop up and go.....so I was left in the middle of the lake for a while full of excitement, screaming my guts out at her amazingness.


She went on for a while and then got tired after her 6th time!

She did it!



2 comments:

The Hunts said...

Yea Izzie! That looks like so much fun!

Larsen Family said...

She is Awesome! I wish we lived by you, Cassidy would love that!