August 26, 2010

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

Ok, So I love brownies, preferably over vanilla ice cream, but any way is good. This recipe is from a Pampered Chef party I went to in Virginia. It is super rich and tastes like it came from a NYC bakery.


Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies



Here's what you need:




And here is what you'll get....



Ingredients

I Pkg semi-sweet morsels, divided
1 Pkg brownie mix (plus ingredients for cake like brownies, which is an extra egg)
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1 C salted mixed nuts divided ( I used macadamia nuts, they were on sale.)
1 large bad of Rolo's ( or you can use 5 individual rolls to equal 40 pieces total)
Vanilla ice cream (Optional, but come on, you can't eat a brownie without it!)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly brush a large bar pan with oil. Chop 1 1/2 C of chocolate chips using a food chopper. In a bowl combine brownie mix, water, oil, eggs, and 1/4 c of brown sugar; mix well. Pour batter evenly into bar pan.
  2. Chop nuts using a food chopper. Combine half the nuts and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over brownie batter. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  3. Cut 16 caramels into quarters. Place remaining 1/2 C chocolate chips in a small bowl and melt in microwave on high for about a minute stirring every 10-20 seconds. Spoon melted chocolate into sandwich bag; set aside.
  4. Remove bar pan from oven. Immediately press remaining caramels into brownie in four rows of six caramels each. Sprinkle quartered caramels and remaining nuts over brownies. Trim corner of chocolate-filled sandwich bag and drizzle evenly over brownies. I like to use a circular motion. Cut into squares; serve warm with ice cream.