Eat, Pray, Love
I tried reading this book about a hundred times but never made it before, or past, Bali. I absolutely love Indonesia and was blessed enough to visit the island Of Bali in 2004. I will never forget that time in my life. The Balinese have such a rich, ancient culture. I have been trying to go back there for sometime but unfortunatley our US military members are not aloud to go into that country due to the bombings and possible terrorist groups. I found Bali to be the opposite of hostile. It was hands down the most beautiful place I have ever been. I will share this much, when I get my RN I will be a travel nurse and live there someday. I just like to call it like I'd like it to be.
I'm at the theater now awaiting Julia in Bali. I hope to see some familiar sites and show Brandon just how amazing it is. Stay tuned for my review!
1 comment:
OK, so the movie was...good and bad. I loved all the cultural stuff and the different ways this woman tries to find inner peace. The scenery was SO fantastic. I am buying a plane ticket to Bali today (I wish).
I had one issue with the film. And maybe this is just from the way I was brought up, and some would say this is a new day, but here it is... She did run and give up on a lot of things just to escape an uncomfortable, difficult situation. To me, from experience, to run is to never grow. When you marry there are times you would love to look at your spouse and say "I don't want to be married". Especially in the beginning. The problem with acting on that is you don't give yourself enough time to become one with the other. You are suppose to take a journey together and grow into new people shedding your shell from who you were before you said "YES". It is SO uncomfortable and unnerving but that is the way it's meant to be.There is a saying I live by: I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.
Could she not have taken her husband with her and tried to find peace with him?
It's movies like this that are slowly telling the world that it's ok to try to leave and find yourself when in fact to stay and get through the hard times you can become stronger and have a closer relationship on a more spiritual level. In my religion (LDS) we believe that in the last days Satan will use his greatest tools to break the home and family. This movie gave me mixed feelings of peace and balance with selfish desires. Any words on this?
Post a Comment