August 31, 2010

The Library Lion


The Library Lion, written by Michelle Knudsen and illustrated by Kevin Hawkeshas been one of those books that children of all ages love, I even loved it! It is about this cute lion who wants to go in the library for story time. The library has many rules. No running allowed. And you must be quiet. But when the lion comes to story time one day, no one knows what to do. There aren't any rules about lions in the library.
This story goes on to produce heartfelt lessons in following (and not following) rules. I was lucky enough to find it at the book fair at my kids school last year, but had rented it at the library a few times before. The illustrations provide rich scenery and abundant expression in soft tones. I can't say enough about this book.

1 comment:

Larsen Family said...

I am so glad you founfd this book! I am going to read it to my pre-school class this month!