As soon as we moved to Alabama we quickly learned football is HUGE here in the south. . It is also a bonus to have a friend coaching the local high school team who gets us into the games (score!). Our high school team is top ranked in the state and it is not surprising to many (only to us non-southerners) that thousands of people show up to the games on Friday nights. It totally reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows Friday Night Lights.
The kids leagues are out of control awesome as well. Isabel has joined a cheer squad this year and is loving it. She practices twice a week for 90 minutes, and if needed three times a week (cheering for the team is just as important as the plays in the game-so I'm told). This Saturday was her first game, she was such a sport to stand in the heat and cheer for two hours. The field the little guys play on is the high school field. I could not believe that those little 5-8 year olds were playing a full length field! Even though I had to pay to watch Izzy cheer ($3 per game, per person), I was amazed at the set up and organization that was all around me. I am pretty sure it gave the kids major motivation to do their best.
2 comments:
I love it! Izzy looks so cute, but a little like she is in High School! It's scarring me! I love football though and would love to do that on the weekends.
Izzy is getting sadly older and I am not ready for it:(.
Post a Comment