Out of all the zoo's I have been to around the country I have to say the Montgomery, Alabama zoo is my favorite. It has a playground, train, and the animals are pretty active. The layout and exhibits are really well thought out and easily accessible. It is a very peaceful place to go. I bought an annual pass so that Talen and I can go any time we want since it is so close to us. It is a vast improvement from the zoo in DC, my least favorite zoo. Talk about a hike to see nothing at all!
Talen's favorite exhibit is the Rhinos. He loves how strong they are and says they look like they have built in shields to protect them and they look just like dinosaurs. One day Talen and I brought a lunch with us. Talen said he wanted to eat lunch right on the bench in front of the Rhino. I thought it was weird to eat in front of a Rhino, something about it freaked me out, we were kind of close with only a few feet between us and the gigantic creature. I mean how strong could the enclosure really be? My pb and j was really good that day, and if Mr. Rhino got a whiff of it who knows what would happen, so we compromised. I said we could eat at the top of the highest lookout over the elephants and then try to see the Rhino from there. Talen took the bait.
The weather was clear skies and 70.... perfect. We climbed up to the lookout (and were the only ones up there) and could see the baby elephant rolling in the mud, throwing all it over her little body. She is quite an active little thing. Last time we were there she went in the water swimming and splashing about squirting water all over. Talen feels a special connection to the baby since it is the same age as him. It was so fun to eat right at the window watching the mom and baby play together. I think that memory might be a favorite. After seeing all of Talen's favorite animals we went on the train. We rode past some beautiful horses that are being trained for kids to ride.
 |
| This was a baby monkey about 6 months old. We saw her a three months ago and she couldn't even walk. SO CUTE! She clung onto her mom as she swung through the enclosure. We even watched her breastfeeding! |
 |
| Talen is obsessed with Turtles so we had to stop every time we saw them. |
 |
| We had to take pictures of every turtle we saw. |
 |
| I was trying out my new camera and had him strike a few poses. |
1 comment:
Talen is enormous and ADORABLE! So where to next? I am amazed by how well you adapt to the places you move. You are awesome!
Post a Comment