January 31, 2011

WAX Muesum 2011

This year in one of Isabel's classes they are learning about the Oregon Trail. Along that "journey" she is also exploring the great American inventors who made the biggest difference in our country during that time. Each child in her class was to make a model and poster of their chosen invention and create a WAX museum similar to the famous Madame Tussuad's museums around the globe. They had to dress like, talk like, and act like the inventor BUT only when they heard a certain cue from the teacher was the WAX museum to come to life. As soon as the next cue came from the the teacher they were to freeze until the next group of kids came through. It was so fun!







One of my all time favorite inventions!!





I thought the whole idea was priceless. I was so impressed by the amount of information and creativity these cute little kids had! I wanted to post some of the amazing creations, including Isabel's. She chose the Wright Brothers, inventors of many things but most famous for the airplane. I am pretty sure Isabel was suppose to make the model on her own from scratch, but if any of you know our family we are all about what can be done efficiently, effectively, and with minimal amount of work as possible.... so- YES! Our plane was not hand made! Non the less Isabel's plane was fabulous (thanks to the local Hobby Lobby store.) She did great impersonating Orville Wright (she had to choose to be just one of the brothers).

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

I love it! She looks so cute and proffessional. What a great idea:)

April said...

Awesome! That is a great project idea.